Friday, January 13, 2012

12 on the 12th [01.12.12]


01. Brynlee was a little slow on the ‘get up and go’ this morning. Spence joked that he was going to need to funnel feed her breakfast in order to get her to school on time. She’s wasn’t amused in the least.
02. Dug out my maternity tote in hopes of finding a few pair of jeans that I could simultaneously bend over AND breath in. No such luck. And thus begins my search for a pair of maternity pants that stay at a reasonable altitude below chin level but also cover the crack region while sitting down. Oh, and if they could make me look like that chic on the cover of the Fit Pregnancy Magazine that’d be cool.  Any suggestions?
03. Things to do with an empty tote #147: use it as your dance floor.
04. A marvel comic book superhero retreat on my kitchen floor.
05. And look, it’s the superhero puppet master himself.
06. Home again, home again, jiggity jig jig.
07. Microwave popcorn - my homemade after school snack.
08. Brynlee was gifted a tote full of random craft supplies for Christmas. In Brynlee’s heaven the roads are paved with pom poms, pipe cleaners and glitter so it was like, THE BEST GIFT EVER.  She’s shared her wealth with all of us.  So far I’ve been the receipt of this bracelet; a pair of earrings made out of hot pink craft pom poms and double sided tape, a bookmark made from toothpicks and yarn, and a miniature bouquet of flowers made from pipe cleaners and wads of toilet paper.
09. Nothing says my life is rad like doing a front flip into a huge pit of blue square foams.  
10. Treated the kids to a candy aisle goody after gymnastics. Typical of my children they both picked health food: Fun Dip and Airheads.
11. Just for fun, I think I’m going to keep a spreadsheet for 2012 tallying the time I waste stuck behind a train. 
12. Marie and mom came to visit for a day or two. Not to brag, but my kids are luckier than your kids. Life’s more fun with a ten year old Auntie.

And guess what? 12 on the 12th is going to be a family affair this year. All my sisters {except for Jessica, because every party needs a pooper} are taking pictures on the 12th. Go to Jami, Jaelynn and Kate’s blog to check them out.

Happy Friday.

9 comments:

Jami said...

I love the picture of #1. Brynlee looks so "put out" that her dad would have that idea! Pretty funny stuff.

Kimberlee said...

That's her "dad, grow up" face. Spence gets it alot. :)

trulymegs said...

Great set! Number 1 and 8 are my favorites. So fun that your sisters are joining in too!

Jessica said...

Fine I'll do it! But next time you want us all to jump on the band wagon you need to give more NOTICE!

kylee said...

i'm so excited to someday wear awesome hand crafted bracelets & pink pom pom earrings. really though. being a mom rocks.

The Dayleys said...

It looks like a fabulous start to the year. I love the picture of Brynlee coming home and of course the candy isle. And who can resist some yummy fresh microwave popcorn?! It's my go to snack :)

Kate said...

That is so a Brynlee face.

I don't miss that dang train in the least!

Leenie said...

bahaha. #1 cracked me up! And yay for sisterly involvement. Have a great weekend

Kimberlee said...

Dude Jessica, really? Your going to play along. You didn't even take that much persuading. And next time you're getting NO NOTICE.

phftphftphftphftphftThhbbbbbbbbttt

That's me sticking my tongue out at you. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...