Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I’m happiest {but}


I’m happiest with the mountains as my backdrop.
But a vacation elsewhere makes me happy too.
I’m happiest when we’re loud: laughing, wrestling, joking.
But my soul needs moments fueled with silence for sanity.
I’m happiest where I am right now.
But I love an occasional escape into my memory.
I’m happiest with those I’m most comfortable with.
But successfully engaging with the unfamiliar boosts my self-confidence.
I’m happiest when my heart is laughing.
But know the healing power of a good cry.
I’m happiest with both feet on the ground.
But can enjoy an afternoon with my head in the clouds.
I’m happiest in sunshine.
But know there is nothing like dancing in the rain.
I’m happiest with them as continuous companions.
But am recharged by that rare moment of solitude.
I am happiest when things feel constant,
But I know when there’s change – I can be happy there too.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I loved reading this! What a great piece of writing :)

Jessica said...

Beautiful . . . but what is about to change?

sarah louise said...

I am with Jessica, what is changing?

Kerry said...

What a gorgeous, meaningful little post!! And what a beautiful picture!!
xo

Natalie said...

Sounds like you've found a great balance! :)

Jen said...

Holy crap Kim this beautiful. Your a poet and I didn't even know it! Ha ha! No more rhyming I mean it! Anyone want a peanut?

kylee said...

LOVED this post!

Anonymous said...

Psst...the cleaning list. I mean, when you get a chance. :)

Angie

Kimberlee said...

Jen...you kill me! I miss you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...