Thursday, December 18, 2008

Alot of random information about Christmas

My old roomie, Ainslie, tagged me for a Christmas tag. And since I am a self-proclaimed born-again tagger (whatever that means) and take my tagging very seriously I will waste no time in responding to her tag. So without further ado here goes Kim’s Christmas Series ‘08. (Which will not be coming to a city near you!)

Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I used to wrap my presents to match the décor on my tree (seriously). This was obviously pre-child and pre-I have more important things to do!

Real tree or Artificial? We have always done real, but Spence and I gave in and bought an artificial one this year. Not gonna lie, I kinda like it. It sure is a lot easier to take care of.

When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.

When do you take the tree down? With the real tree I would take it down after I was about to go crazy from all the watering and pine needle clean up, and when Spencer would start mentioning something about a fire hazard. Who knows with the artificial tree, I will have to keep you posted (oh, the suspense).

Do you like eggnog? Not even a tiny bit.

Favorite gift received as a child? I don’t think I had a favorite gift, but I do have favorite memories including East Canyon with the B’s, all of us kids sleeping in the same room, secretly unwrapping (and re-wrapping) presents, Jessica’s potato soup, getting up at 1:00am, and many many more!

Easiest person to buy for? Brynlee and Jace (which I’m sure will change as they get older) and Spencer only because he gives me some pretty good hints.

Hardest person to buy for? Um, anyone that’s not Spencer, Brynlee or Jace. I am so indecisive in my gift-giving.

Do you have a nativity scene? No! I want this one and this one if anyone would like to get me a Christmas present.

Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A pair of gently used men’s woolen socks and two cans of expired Spam. Thanks Meg!

Favorite Christmas Movie? Thanks to my little brother, Alan, “Home Alone”.

When do you start shopping for Christmas? I am not consistent in my Christmas shopping adventures. This year I started about five days ago.

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but only because I am all about going green, saving the environment and wasting not. Or, because I’m cheap and lazy. Whatever! And just to put it all out there, I have also recycled wedding gifts, the occasional birthday gift and a few of Brynlee’s Halloween candies. Bet you’re all fighting over who gets to buy me the nativities now that you know that your gift was given to me circa Christmas 2006.

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Almond Roca, Carmel Chocolates, Potato Soup and Breakfast Casserole

Lights on the tree? You’re going to wish you didn’t bring this up! As I mentioned earlier, we bought an artificial tree this year. We were in all sorts of turmoil when trying to decide which one to buy. Did we want a pre-lit one or not? How tall? Douglas fir or Fraser? You get my point. We had some very important artificial tree decisions to make. Anyway, we decided that we wanted a 9 foot tree, but weren’t sure we wanted to pay $300 for a pre-lit one. We decided to buy one that wasn’t pre-lit because it was a little cheaper. It was SO. NOT. WORTH. IT. After 2 days of wrapping Christmas lights to create an un-pre-lit, pre-lit tree I was kicking myself for trying to save a little money. If you have the same decision to make in the future, go with the pre-lit tree. And don’t listen to the box that says you can create your own pre-lit tree in a few easy steps. It’s a lie. Promise! It will take three days and two boxes of Care Bear Band-Aids.

Favorite Christmas song? Anyone that I can sing along to. And just for the record, Spence’s favorite Christmas song is anyone that I can’t sing along to.

Travel at Christmas or stay home? Both.

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? I thought I could, but when put on the spot I guess I can’t. I am Consulting Ye Olde Google right now. Vixen. I forgot Vixen.

Angel on the tree top or a star? A bow.

Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning, with the exceptions of the annual Christmas PJ’s which get opened on Christmas Eve.

Most annoying thing about this time of year? It’s cold!

Favorite ornament theme or color? I decided to start a new tradition this year of buying the kids a Christmas ornament every year. I think it will be fun to look back over the years and see what they loved that year. Which really doesn’t answer the question…I’m starting to ramble, sorry.

Favorite time for Christmas dinner? Did I read that question right? Do people really have a favorite time to eat Christmas dinner?

What do you want for Christmas this year? World peace and a new pair of jeans. I tag my sisters (sis-in-laws included) Beth, Lacy & Kali Jo (unless your busy having a baby, of course).

4 comments:

Beth said...

Kim, so not fair, I wanted world peace for Christmas!!!

Robyn said...

Just thought I would let you know...Cracker Barrel has the Willow Tree Nativity set on sale right now for 50% off!! :)

Lacy said...

you are too funny and I have a cough and every time I laugh I cough. thanks alot! :) the willow nativity set is gorgeous, however I'm thinking the kid one would be much closer to my type of budget.

Nick and Karalynn said...

Feel free to re-gift your new willow tree nativity to me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...