Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Tribute To My Mom

About a week ago Jami tagged me. I was supposed to post seven things that nobody knows about me. Since we have been out of town I haven’t gotten to the tag yet. In honor of Mothers Day, I decided to instead post a few things that you might not know about my mother, so here goes:
  1. My mom can boogie! Some of my favorite memories of my mom are the times spent with the radio full blast and all of us dancing around the front room. My mom knows how to shake-it and could honestly give Shakira a run for her money.
  2. Every time you hang-up the phone or leave mom's house her last comment is "have a blasty wasty!"
  3. My mom makes the best pork-chops EVER! In fact the day I got my wisdom teeth pulled mom came in to check on me and asked if I wanted some ice-cream or yogurt. I asked (probably demanded, since I was a loving teenager at the time) if she would make me some of her pork-chops. They are delicious, and I still get cravings for them.
  4. My mom takes creativity to a whole new level. If I ever needed an idea on a speech topic, a theme for a student council poster, a way to answer a boy back for a dance or an idea of something humorous to give my friends for a Christmas gift my mom had loads of ideas.
  5. My mom was the best Young Women's leader. I never attended a girls camp without my mom as my camp director. She knows how to have a good time and always made girls camp an amazing experience.
  6. My mom is very smart. In fact, she was valedictorian of her graduating class.
  7. One of my mom's favorite sayings while we were growing up was "...because I carried you in my stomach for nine months, that's why." Had I known then what I know now I probably would have had a few less comebacks when mom pulled the "nine month" card. It is quite a feat and deserves a level of respect that I never quite understood before having my own kids.
  8. One of my mom's lifetime goals is to get all of her unmatched socks matched. She has bags and bags of unmatched sock that are just waiting for their long lost mate to come along. One time when my Grandma B. was helping my mom match socks she found a sock that was dad's missionary companions. No Joke!
  9. My mom was always trying to come up with fun ways for us to do our chores. We would have double blocks wars (for those of you that don't know what double blocks is it is like Tetris, but an old computer game that we had on floppy disc). If you won a game of double blocks you got a quarter. But if you lost you had to clean for 10 minutes. Mom had the neighbor kids playing and everything. Let me just say that we all tried to master double blocks.
  10. My mom is always worried that you won't like the gift that she gives you. She purchases about 30 Christmas gifts or Birthday gifts for you then you get to pick the one that you want. She has about 40 bags of back-up gifts in case she has a lack of judgement and purchases you something that you don't want.
Happy Mothers Day, Mom. Thanks for being the best mom ever! Thanks for loving me, teaching me, laughing with me and crying with me. Thanks for always being there and for understanding me. Thanks for EVERYTHING! I LOVE YOU!!

1 comment:

sarah louise said...

Kim I am so glad that you have a good mom! Brett and I have said before that your mom must be awesome because she raised such amazing daughters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...