Friday, May 23, 2008

A Swingset in 1,974 Simple Steps

As I mentioned earlier, we have been on a mad hunt for a swingset for Brynlee. I am happy to report that we found one. We actually got it about two weeks ago, but I am barely getting around to posting about it.

Let me just begin by saying that Spence has WAY more patience than I do. If I would have opened the 55 page (seriously 55 page) Assembly Instructions Manual and read this as step number one:

Attach slide support bottom ‘AL’ centered on the bottom of ‘AP’ and ¼ in. from the edge.

I would have taped the box back up and returned it immediately. The instructions may not sound extremely difficult and they probably wouldn’t have been if we could have easily located board ‘AL’ and ‘AP’. However, not a single one of the 102 boards were marked in any way, shape or form. No stickers, no writing, no markings…WHAT SO EVER!
Three days later (not an exaggeration) Brynlee was finally able to enjoy her new swingset. She loves her "daddy slide" and swings, and is so proud of her daddy for putting it together for her. She reminds me every time she plays on it that daddy built it just for her.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Brynlee,

That looks so fun I can't wait to come to your house and play with you on it. I go to CTR 5's know. I have so much fun at my house I wish you could be here.
Love,
Maddie

sarah louise said...

Aren't you so happy to be married to an Engineer? I know I am. I really enjoy the fact that they can put things together and I don't have to worry about it. I also know that they will do it right...because engineers are just programmed that way. If it were up to me it would be duct taped together and would last about an hour!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...