Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 6, Way 6


I make Dutch Oven BBQ chicken for dinner tonight.  Not to brag, but hot dang.  Not bad for my first Dutch Ovening attempt.  Tomorrow I think I will challenge myself with a Dutch Oven Baked Chicken and Rice recipe.  Fingers crossed for a repeat victory.  And then next on the list are Brett & Sarah’s Dutch Oven Potatoes.  Spencer’s request.

We ate on the deck.  Watermelon, corn on the cob, a tossed green salad & Dutch Oven Chicken.  Tasted like summer. 

Other highlights from today:  planted more flowers in my back flower bed, went on a bike ride with the kids, picnicked for lunch, spent the hottest part of the afternoon in a cool movie theater with drinks and treats and then Spencer mowed the lawn and the kids ran around until their feet were green.  Summer makes me happy!

4 comments:

kylee said...

one of the most summery feelings ever. love eating outside!

Debbie said...

Now THAT sounds like the perfect summer dinner! yum

Katie said...

Yum! That sounds good!

What time should I be over for dinner tonight? ;]

Natalie said...

I need some watermelon! YUM! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...