Sunday, June 7, 2009

Right smack dab in the middle!

Something happened today that got me thinking. And the more I thought, the more I realized… Some people can paint a beautiful picture or create an amazing art sculpture. I'm not one of them. Some people can sing a breathtaking song that brings tears to the eyes. I’m not one of them. Some people always look beautiful, fashionable, presentable. I’m {definitely} not one of them. Some people can be a star on stage. I’m not one of them. Some people can swim, run or dance better than others. I’m not one of them. Some people really do excel. Surpass. Exceed. Dominate. But not me. I’m just average. Just common. Typical. The usual. I mean...sure, I have talents. Things that I am pretty good at. But nothing that makes me more special than the next.



I’m just an average girl, with average athletic ability, graduated with an average degree, from an average college. I have an average {or slightly below} wardrobe; I’m an average cook with average artistic skills. I’m an average mommy, an average wife, an average daughter, sister, sister-in-law, friend. I’m no diamond. But I’m not mud. I’m not an enormous mansion with a million dollar view. But I’m not a cardboard box either. I wouldn’t say I’m Porsche. Nor am I Pinto. I’m just average. Right smack dab in the middle. And, do you want to know what? It's okay. Do you want to know why? Because me and my extreme levels of averageness are comfortable. I'm happy, content even blessed being average. What more could I ask for?


*Part of this post was taken from my journal dated November 2007*

2 comments:

Jenni said...

hey, me too!

The Jones Family said...

i really don't agree. youR ABOVE AVERAGE in my book; that would mean your ALEAST a B- :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...