Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Making Progress

In preparation for our new little guy I have done a little rearranging. I wish I were talking about organizing the little guy’s clothes and buying diapers, but….I’m not. I haven’t gotten even close to that far. This pregnancy has done something to me. I am not my normal OCD self. Something is different about the second baby versus the first. When I was pregnant with Brynlee I started stressing about 4 months into the pregnancy that her baby room wasn’t done and her crib wasn’t up. Bless my heart. Like if Brynlee showed up 3 months early she would have looked around and said, “Wow. What a dump. I should have stayed in the belly where things were dark and beautiful.” Apparently this time I have hit the other extreme. I have decided that five weeks to D-day is the perfect time to start worrying about where the little thing is going to sleep. I am happy to report that I have gotten Brynlee’s room done, so now I can start thinking about putting up a crib or at least a pack-and-play in Brynlee’s old room. I don’t want to set my expectations to high, but I am hoping to have baby boy’s room finished before my new little guy is preparing for Kindergarten. I’ll let y’all know how it goes and in the mean time here are some pictures of Brynlee’s new big sis room!
 

11 comments:

Jessica said...

Cute! I especially like the little "reading" chair section! I am sure she will spend lots of time reading by lamplight in her little chair.

Janita said...

Very cute - great job!

sarah louise said...

Yeah there is something about your 2nd baby that makes you chill out a little bit. And by your third you are giving them cheetos at 3 months, because you figure they will live.
I tell my self all the time that I don't remember much before I was 8 so I can give myself a little leeway to mess up with my kids before then right? They won't really remember. Your little guy won't remember that he slept in the hall until he was 5 while you were doing his room, so don't worry! (:

On another note, Brynlee's room is so cute. (I am secretly smiling though that it looks so clean, it will only be that way until she starts school and starts collecting "things" and then it will never be clean and uncluttered again. And also by then you will have 2 more kids and your OCD will go right out the door) JK! (:

Drew Israelsen Family said...

Her room is so cute! I was like that with Robert he didn't have a finished room until long after he was here and Lena was ready for her to roll right into it!

Jen said...

I love that little brown chair!

Jen said...

Who am I kidding? I just love the whole dang room.

Kali Jo said...

about time you put up those flowers. now i know how to make even better ones. let me know if you want something for baby boy's room. then you can come do my kids rooms since i haven't still and lincoln is 2 and sari is 17 months. maybe i'll kick it into gear for number three. 4 months to go:)!

sarah louise said...

Kim I had the funniest dream about you last night. I asked you what you were going to name the baby and you said, "Shilo if it is a girl and Dilo (rhymes with shilo) if it is a boy." I tried to be all super nice about the names but in my head was wondering what the crap you were thinking!

sarah louise said...

That my friend is a tough call! Maybe you could combine them: Thorlio, or Door?

Stacey Crandall said...

So very cute. I am impressed that you are doing now! Your awesome!

Unknown said...

Cute room Kim! The colors are just so adorable and just the best little room for an adorable little girl! You are super mom for sure right now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...