Friday, April 22, 2011

Oh My Quotable Friday: Puddles


The kids perch themselves in front of the window whenever there is a rainstorm.  And just as soon as there is enough water to cause a stream they demand paper sailboats.  It’s a tradition their dad started a few years back.  Like weather chasers they watch, waiting for the current.

Today we had a paper sailboat rain storm.  First one we’ve had during working hours where Spence hasn’t been around to make the boat. And as it turns out, I haven’t a clue how to make paper sailboats.  So I grabbed a little toy boat out of the tub toys and we set out to sail in the rainstorm.  Not as good as a paper sailboat, but not half bad either.




7 comments:

tharker said...

Such fun pictures!

It's interesting to me how much I avoid the puddles, when my kids actively search them out and bound into them. Kids are so much more fun than I am ;)

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

Just for the future. You might want to practice first.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXgm8XvBqL0&feature=related

Claire said...

that is so cute! i love the idea of paper sailboats. my girls would LOVE that. if only it rained where we live :P

fromcorporatetodomestic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

Those are some great pics! I can't wait until my little guy gets big enough to that. Thanks for stopping by my blog...I'm your newest follower! Can't wait to read more

Swirls of Happy said...

I love this!!! Great pictures (and quote). Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Becca said...

how fun, you gotta love rainy days especially when little people are involved!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...