Friday, April 15, 2011

Oh My Quotable Friday + A Confession


And a confession for your Friday, because I'm still 20 confessions shy of my 29 confessions and it's already April 15th.  Holy crap, April 15th!  Spring is going to be over before it even gets here.

At any rate, my confession:  I joined Facebook!  {Ever heard of it?}  I succumbed to the society of Facebook friends and messages written on walls. . . she says as she hangs her head in shame.  And yes, I do realize that I’m the last person in the whole entire universe to join Facebook, but I am also fairly certain that I was the last person in the whole entire universe to send a text message or take a picture with my cell phone.  In fact I don’t even own a pair of skinny jeans or jeggings.  My phone has never had a ringtone that you would also hear on the radio, I’ve never worn Ugg boots and I don’t have a clue who Bieber is.  I’ve never drank an energy drink or watched The Bachelor and I have to Google any acronym used in internet slang {besides lol, I know that one}.  Obviously I’m a highly fashionable and trendy individual and you should all be jealous of my cutting edge coolness.  Don’t hate.

Anyway, I jumped on the Facebook bandwagon a little over a week ago and I’ve yet to sign back in.  But still, I signed up.  That makes me a tiny bit less lame, right?

Do confess:  Do you Facebook?  Facebook vs. Blog – which do you prefer?

*The Birthday Month Confessional is in honor of my 29th birthday. 
Twenty-nine confessions posted during the month of April.  Woot.

7 comments:

kylee said...

i almost wish i had never joined fb. [facebook. add it to your list] it's way too addicting. and certainly the biggest waste of time. in the blog vs. facebook war, blog wins every time.

The Staley Family said...

I love looking at blogs, but I'm not really very good about blogging or cute and funny like you. I like Facebook for the reason that I have kept in touch with people I would rarely or never talked to and that is fun. I don't however involve myself much(ie: share every activity of my day or thought in my head). Blogs are definitely more fun to look at and read but I think Facebook is fun for saying hello to long lost friends! (And everything else you listed describes me too, so your not alone.)

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

I do facebook... most of my family doesn't blog and they live far away so it's nice to keep up, but it can get out of control fast!

I LOVED this post because I found out we have a LOT in common, a LOT. I am right there with you on everything... other than I bought a pair of skinny jeans a couple months ago...but I HATE them.

I think you are very trendy and awesome because you dare to be YOU! :) I just found another blog buddy for sure.

mammabug said...

You know I fall into several of your lame categories. Just started texting last year, no ring tones, etc.

Oh and Landon does that when he eats tortillas. He doesn't want a burrito or taco, they have to be separated.

R. Pyper said...

Well, I still haven't signed up for Facebook, so you're a step ahead of me. :)

Claire said...

you sound like me and twitter. i'm afraid of it. haven't signed up though feel like i should? i dunno. we'll have to see.

i tagged you on my blog. it's just for fun. so check it out and if you feel like it, participate. but no pressure at all.

have a great weekend!
Claire @
spinning-threads.blogspot.com

ailinh said...

Girl, ditto ditto ditto. I just learned to text last year, and am barely learning how to jump on the hip wagon. I love blogging to keep friends and family updated, but facebook is great to keep in touch with good old friends made back in the sweet pre-school days. Have fun facebook surfing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...