Friday, April 24, 2009

Because it takes more than a college degree to run my camera...

Yesterday we traveled to Provo for my sis-in-law, Rachel’s, graduation from BYU. Congrats Rachel, we love you! I’d love to post a picture of the thousands of BYU graduates dressed in their blue caps and gowns and a Marriott Center full of proud family members there to support them. I’d love to post a picture of Anna and Rachel’s names in the big program of graduates. I’d love to post a picture of my two little ones dead asleep during the graduation ceremony. I’d also love to post a picture of the excitement on my face when they both fell asleep. I’d love to post a picture of President Uchtdorf receiving his honorary doctorate degree and of him giving a speech that made me laugh, cry, think and plan for a better tomorrow. I’d love to post a picture of the amazing Mexican Food that Rachel’s mother-in-law prepared for the Graduation Party. It too, made me laugh, cry, think and plan for a better tomorrow. I seriously debated filling my pockets with the homemade guacamole so I could bring a little home with me. I’d love to post a picture of my kids with Grandma and Grandpa M. and my mother-in-law with the Victorian Dollhouse Book that the kids and I found at an Antique Store for her for Mothers Day. I’d love to post a picture of Brynlee when she fell asleep on the car ride home with an Airhead duct taping her mouth shut. But, alas, my camera battery died and I didn’t get pictures of any of those things. So instead I guess I'll post a picture of...
Mainly because those and this picture are the only ones I have of the trip. And yes! I do wish I wouldn’t have wasted the last of my camera battery taking less than mediocre pictures of Spencer making faces while driving down the freeway. But what can you do? Hindsight is always 20/20.

1 comment:

sarah louise said...

This makes me laugh so hard! I do feel your pain after the "forgetting my other memory card" incident.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...