Wednesday, April 15, 2009

And now he sits...

I had every intention of having Sarah take Jace’s pictures when he turned six month. But, I also wanted to wait until he was able to sit up by himself because I love me a six month old, sitting unassisted and smiling for the camera. Seriously, makes my heart smile. Jace turned seven months last Friday, and we went ahead and took his pictures because, MYWORD WHAT IF THE KID NEVER, EVER SAT UP. Five days later…look who’s a master at the sitting thing! I remember when Brynlee was in this same stage. Spence and I worked for hours trying to get her to first roll over, then to sit up and finally to crawl and walk. We spent hours on the floor, coaching her. Assisting her. Bribing her. I’d like to go back and slap some sense into the both of us. Dumb rookies. We now know that the sooner the little things become mobile the sooner you can say goodbye to organized kitchen cabinets, desk drawers, bookshelves and pantries. It’s all worth it, but I’m okay if he’s content rolling from point A to point B for a little while longer.

2 comments:

sarah louise said...

Why does this not surprise me? Good thing I still got some good ones of him. Hard not to with such a cute little boy with the best smile!

Jenni said...

Yay Jace, sitting up is so much fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...