Saturday, January 3, 2009

A years worth of knowledge

Can’t believe it is already 2009! That officially means that from here until sometime in the middle of June or July I will be writing the date wrong on all checks. I think it’s because I’m a slow learner; it takes me a good six month to finally get it through my head that the year has changed. Slow learner or not…here are a few things learned in 2008. In January I learned that Brynlee is always willing to help with construction projects.
Brynlee and Spencer installing a light fixture in the bathroom.
Brynlee removing tiles from entry way floor.
In February I learned how much more intently you listen to and treasure your unborn baby’s heartbeat, if just five months previously you had been informed that you’re much anticipated unborn child’s heart no longer had a beat. In March I learned that Brynlee is NOT a fan of sand between her toes, and that I am NOT a fan of spring snow between my toes.

Katie and Brynlee at beach in San Francisco.
Snow on March 31st
In April I learned that the pregnancy card will allow you to sit back and relax while your husband gets to paint all the kitchen cabinets. In May I learned that the beautiful blossoms that our crabapple tree produces in the spring almost makes the fall crabapple clean-up worth it. Almost!
In June I learned that two years in a foreign country might have an ill effect on ones hairstyle, but it will only strengthen a personality and further develop their already great character. Oh, and I also learned that within a few weeks a bad missionary hairstyle will fix itself.
In July I learned that the first five years of marriage goes by oh so quickly. In August I re-learned the fact that cancer knows no boundaries and is not choosey as to the body he decides to make his home. On November 25 of 2007 my Grandma B. passed away after a valiant battle with pancreatic cancer. This August my Grandma Marilyn learned that she had developed breast cancer. In this month I was also reminded of the power of prayer. We love you Grandma Marilyn and pray daily that your body will be strong and the cancer weak. In September I learned that no matter how much love you devote to your first child you will still have more than enough left over for your second child. In October I learned that there is nothing more precious than two siblings that adore each other. In November I learned that some of a child’s qualities are gained through nature, some through nurture, and still others are forced!
Brynlee reading Spencer's powerlifting magazines.
In December I learned that the older you get the faster time goes. Some days might be long, some nights never end, a quick trip to the grocery store takes no less than four hours, and there is no nine month period longer than nine months spent pregnant. But, from January 1st to December 31st is truly a short period of time. Happy New Year and I hope your 2009 is just dandy!

3 comments:

Miranda said...

No. No, crab-apples are NOT worth it.

Miranda said...

No. No, crab-apples are NOT worth it.

sarah louise said...

Cute post Kim! I love that picture of You, Jace, and Bryn in the hospital!

You forgot to mention that in Decemeber you learned that they make Dr. Mario for the Wii!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...