Saturday, December 27, 2008

A virtual gift for you!

I saw this lovely poem at a little craft shop here in town. I stole the idea. Seriously! Took out my dayplanner and jotted it down right there on the spot. Some might consider it idea shoplifting. I obviously don’t. I then gave the stolen words with purchased M&M’s to my neighbors for Christmas and wanted to share it with you as well. As you hold these candies in your hand and turn them, you will see the M becomes a W, an E and then a 3. They tell the Christmas story; it’s one I’m sure you know, it took place in a stable a long, long time ago. The E is for the East, where the star shone so bright. The M is for the manger, where baby Jesus slept that night. The 3 is for the wise men, to bear gifts they say they came. W is for Worship, Hallelujah, Praise His Name. So as you eat these candies or share them with a friend, remember the meaning of Christmas, it’s a love story that never ends. *Sorry virtual M&M's aren't all that tasty. But on the bright side, at least they aren't all that fattening either!*

3 comments:

Lacy said...

Tha is a great poem and a great way to use m&ms. I gaved M&Ms last year as well, however mine were for grinch poop, elfin droppings. Not quite as inspirational as yours :)

I can't taste them but the bows sure are aesthetically pleasing!

Last night I had a dream that you didn't want to be my real life friend only my virtual friend & I was quite sad :( Yeah, I'm 7, I know.

sarah louise said...

I have heard that one before and like it!

Though you are a stealer, stealer, pants on fire!

I love the bows!

Kimberlee said...

Lacy-
I'm so proud that I made it into your dreams :)! And don't worry...once a real life friend, always a real life friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...