Wednesday, March 12, 2008

San Francisco - The Intermission

Before I continue gabbing about our trip to San Fran I have to admit that I know that this is way more than any of you care to hear about our trip. The truth is, well....I'm selfish. The posts about our trip are about 3% about you and the remaining 97% about me, Me, ME!!

Here's the truth....I am really bad at scrapbooking. I guess that's not entirely true 'cause I actually think that I could be a pretty good scrapbooker...the truth is that I just don't ever do it. To be honest with you Spence and I have been married for just about 5 years now. Our cherished wedding pictures are still sitting in the shoe box that my wedding shoes came in. Don't worry, they are nicely organized and placed in one of four totes that hold the rest of our picture, keepsakes and other things that are important to us. Sad, I know! But for me to get started on scrapbooking one of the following things have got to happen:

1) I need to get a job that pays me to do my scrapbooking.
2) Spence needs to get a job where he can take Bryn to work with him. That way I can scrapbook uninterrupted for a few hours a day. I'm not saying that people that scrapbook have uninterrupted time, cause I know that is not true. However, they do have more talent than I do.
3) I would have to get a job where the paycheck would be dedicated entirely for my purchasing of the cute little scissors, paper, decals and stuff that scrapbooking requires.
4) I would have to get a job where the paycheck would be dedicated to paying someone else to do my scrapbooking for me.

Until one of those things happen I will probably continue in my sad ways. I do intend to put all the pictures of our trip in an old fashion photo album. You know the kind with the little plastic envelopes specifically designed to put an uncut, undecorated picture. I then plan on printing out the long winded, somewhat boring synopsis of our trip and putting it in the album with the pictures. So, like I said the outline of what we did is more for me than you. So, as a reader feel free to briefly glace at the pictures or read until your bored and skip the rest.

2 comments:

sarah louise said...

I think one of the reasons I started a blog is too keep a journal/scrapbook.

I love scrapbooking, and have invested a lot of money into my supplies, but don't have much time to do it.

A blog is easy for me to update and I download it onto my computer so I can someday print it into a book or something.

I think it is a great idea, and your not being selfish!

I wish you lived closer. I get together with some friends at my house every friday for scrapbooking or card making. I would even let you use my thousands of dollars worth of stuff, so you wouldn't have to buy it!

spencer & kimberlee said...

I wish I lived closer to...cause I would love to share your stuff, and go to your Friday scrapbook party! Fun!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...