Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Photo Album: To the pumpkin patch

There’s a party at my house this weekend!  Plus a baby shower for my dang cool sister in law the next weekend.  So my regular after the kids are in bed blogging time has been taken over with glitter, paper crafts and organizing partay details.  And so it goes, I guess.  But, in between the party planning and all the holy crap life is so dang busy business we have been properly celebrating October.  Two trips to the pumpkin patch, a visit to a pumpkin pro’s garden to see a 600 pound pumpkin, family night out for hamburgers and milkshakes, Halloween decorating, bundling up for walks and bike rides, and even a date night.  Harry Potter in the cheap theater.  I’m not a Harry Potter fan, but there was popcorn and Apple Beer.  Plus, that means next movie is my choice so it’s worth it.  Operation Halloween costume is also in full swing.  As is hot chocolate, warm coats and the heater.  It’s been rainy and cold in our world - and I love it.  Though my fingers are crossed that the weekend brings warmer weather.  In fact, all the cold weather caused me to send a frantic email to Miranda.  Something like:  It’s freakin’ freezin’!  An outdoor party, in October, in Idaho . . . ummmm. . . probably not the brightest idea to date!  But I continue planning still the same with hopes that the sun decides to come out on Saturday.  And if not, well . . . our first trip to the pumpkin patch was in the pouring rain and we deemed it successful still the same.  So an outdoor party in the rain may be a total blast.  Or maybe not. 
:: a 600 pound pumpkin ::
:: seriously, what would you do with a 600 pound pumpkin? ::

6 comments:

kylee said...

that pumpkin is insaaaaane. also i'm jealous of your pumpkin patch adventures. i need one of my own.

Unknown said...

What do you do with a 600 pound pumpkin? Let kids sit on it :)

Unknown said...

Oh and I finally found your flaw. You don't like Harry Potter. I knew you weren't perfect :) (This is TOTALLY a joke Kim if you are wondering) :)

Kerry said...

Hi!! How does a pumpkin even grow that big?? I can barely cut a regular size without wanting to use a chainsaw (ok, dramatic) but even those biggish ones in the pic would require a little more effort. Looks and sounds like a fun day!! And have a great time at the party this weekend, rain or no rain!! Xo

Mary Nevin said...

what a beautiful family!! looks like a perfect day!! :)

Kimberlee said...

Oh Sarah...if that were my only flaw. :) And thanks, my friend, for the clarification. You know sometimes I need it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...