Monday, October 3, 2011

In regards to the weekend:

::at the concert::
On Saturday we went to the Homecoming Parade.  It was two hours long.  Sheesh.  But the kids got enough candy to rot all their teeth so we deemed it successful nonetheless.  Is it lame that my family loves a parade?  {hypothetical question, no need to answer that}  The parade made me fully aware of the number of dance studios that are in our town.  My heck.  I told Spence that I wasn’t sure which there were more of: auto part stores or dance studios.  Both have a ridiculous amount.  We left the parade with two bags of candy, a stack of fliers, a few pencils, a football and four potatoes.  Way to go, I-da-ho!

I love conference.  This conference session came at just the right time for me, my soul felt weary and it needed this boost.  I think my favorites were the talk given to dads on how to raise daughters and the talk given by Cook reminding us that it’s better to look up.  And is President Monson not hilarious?  And Uchtdorf absolutely amazing?  His talks are always just what I need to hear.  I know the church is true, in case you were wondering.

On Saturday evening the kids and I went to The Standards concert {which now, apparently, go by Spencer’s Own}.  Loved it.  My favorite parts:  Jace clapping with both hands above his head for the majority of the two hour concert.  Brynlee asking if I minded if she stood up and danced.  Jace and I standing up and dancing with her.  Sensing Brynlee & Jace’s excitement when they sang “the lion king song”.  Putting my kids in their pj’s and letting them fall asleep on the ride back home.  Only thing that would have made it better is if Spencer could have joined us.  I called him immediately after the concert though to tell him how much fun we had and to remind him that we have the cutest kids in the world.  He agreed.

We didn’t get out of our pajamas, brush our teeth our comb our hair all day long on Sunday.  None of us.  And it’s just the way a conference weekend should be.

Brynlee and I spent a good portion of the Sunday morning conference session working on her ALL ABOUT ME poster.  All the glitter and gems at her immediate disposable made her giddy with excitement.  For reals.  She loves, loves, loves working on craft projects like this.  We ended up with an ALL ABOUT ME paper doll so over the top and flashy that it would make a Vegas showgirl jealous.  Tomorrow she will take it to school so she can be featured as the VIP.  And SHE GETS TO BE THE LINE LEAD!  So hot dang it’s going to be a great week at Kindergarten.

It’s been feeling a little fall-ish outside.  I’m ready for the weather to change and for the leaves to fall.  I think I will unbury my totes of Halloween decoration from the place they rest 11 months out of the year and then the kids and I can “ooh” and “aah” over all the cute decorations we forgot we had.  While he eat bags and bags of Halloween {birthday} candy.  Oh, and some parade candy too.  Our dentist loves us. 

Happy Monday.

4 comments:

Jami said...

Well sounds like the weekend went without a hitch! Our Sunday was the same way...LAZY and it felt SO NICE! Wish we would have jammed at the Standards Concert with ya :)!

Kimberlee said...

I wish you guys would have too. I think you would have liked it. Next time.

Kerry said...

I love Sundays like that :)
What a great weekend you had with your family!

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

I love the Standers I use to go with my friends to there concerts and make big posters that said thinks like. I love your Jordan or I love your Quinn. Good times. I loved Sister Dalton's talk too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...