Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back to “business as usual”

The last three of our guest left today. That officially means the end of the Holidays.

I spent the day cleaning. Washed all the bedding in the house. Organized closets. Put the remaining Christmas decorations in red and green totes. And emptied the fridge of holiday remnants.

On the schedule for tomorrow: Organize the toy room. Carpet clean the car. Take five packages to the post office {they are all going to different addresses and contain items that were accidently left at my house by Holiday guests}.

Now Spence and I are snuggled up on the couch in a quiet house. He's watching a little TV and I'm doing the bloggy thing. It's been a while. I missed you guys.

The Holidays are over. I love the Holidays. Almost every part of the Holidays is simply delightful.

But, it always feels good to wrap them in bubble wrap and pack them away until next year. 

It feels good to indulge in a little "same-old, same-old!" To have a schedule. To eat less. To relax. To have our little world quiet down.

Welcome 2010! I have a feelin' your going to be a good one.

****

P.S. Happy, happy eighth birthday to my little sister. I love you, Marie

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Your blog is great! It is so good to see you again too. Your kids are so cute! I can't believe we have kids...and they aren't even that little anymore. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...