Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Jace’s Manchair

With the help of some leftover upholstery material that I had in my fabric drawer and a yard of plastic overlay the princess pink highchair has officially turned boy! Before: After: And since I did all the work of dragging the sewing machine downstairs I went ahead and retired our hefty, hefty, hefty sleeping bag covers and created these new ones. Before: After: I have about 1 ½ yards of green striped upholstery material left over. Oh, the possibilities.

7 comments:

Mikey, Anna, and Lillie said...

Hey, We have that same High chair it just has a different cover then your original. Great job, both projects look awesome.

K said...

The high chair looks great, but I am in awe of your sleeping bag covers. I need to make some of those!

sarah louise said...

I used to think I was pretty crafty, until I met you. You put my craftiness to shame!

That is my way of saying those projects are awesome! Great job!

Jessica said...

The sleeping bags look great. Did you end up finding a pattern or did you just make it up as you went?

Woolf Family said...

very nice. I love your rug under the sleeping bag covers to.

Spencer and Kimberlee said...

Jessica- I was too lazy to go to the fabric store to find a pattern, so I just made it up as I went. I cut the bottom circle to the size I wanted it, then made Spencer use all those years of advanced math classes to find the circumference. He didn't even pull out the Ti89! I was impressed. It worked out nicely and it was SIMPLE! I just might end up making drawstring bags for random things around the house.

Lacy said...

look how domestic you are! You are so super talented and all of the things you CAN do totally make up for the fact that you can't sing as well as you'd like, snow board, or cut in a straight line :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...